The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) will be awarding a number of scholarships to rural students in 2021!
The Foundation for Rural Service has a vital interest in helping rural communities grow and thrive. FRS is a part of The Rural Broadband Association or NTCA.
Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company is a proud member of these organizations who both strive to keep rural America alive in Washington, D.C.
You are eligible to apply for an FRS Scholarship, if you meet the following criteria:
- You’ll be graduating high school in 2021
- You’re a U.S. Citizen
- You’re sponsored by an NTCA Member Company, like NNTC
- You’ve been accepted by an accredited two or four-year college university or vocational-technical school
- You have at least a C grade point average
- You have an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation
- When setting up your NTCA account, you’ll choose “Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company” (#28524) as your employer.
- During the application process you’ll choose “Northeast Nebraska Telephone Company” as your sponsoring telecom company.
- Please make sure the student has NNTC services at home, or the application will be disqualified.
The Scholarship Application is due ONLINE ONLY by March 5, 2021.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact NNTC Marketing Manager, Melissa Lanzourakis at 402.632.2240 or via email at email@example.com
Elsie Magwire of Spencer receives her 2019 FRS Scholarship on behalf of NNTC’s General Manager Pat McElroy and late NNTC Board Member Jason Goesch. NNTC provides a portion of the scholarship monies.